Belkin card on Ubuntu showing up as "wired network"

I have a Belkin wireless PCMCIA card, model #F5D7010, and a recent
install of Ubuntu 6.10.  The wireless card is functional and "iwlist
wlan0 scanning" reveals a list of available networks, but for some
reason, in the network-manager drop-down list this card is listed as:

Wired Network (RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI)

A list of wireless networks is not available here: the only options
are this and my ethernet port.  Selecting this option never actually
connects to anything, and even if it did I would have no idea how to
use it on our WPA-protected home network.  Can anyone enlighten me as
to whether I'm doing something wrong?  Thank you!

Jordan