Re: Unable to connect to wireless

On 4/2/07, Geoffrey Leach <geoff hughes net> wrote:
NetworkManager fails to connect to my Netgear router. Hardware function
has been confirmed (Windoze (sigh!)) I expect that's its a config
problem - where should I look? Here's the relevant section of the log.
NetworkManager: <information>   SUP: sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0
ssid 4e657467656172'

My first guess would be that 'NetworkManager: <information>   SUP:
sending command 'SET_NETWORK 0 ssid 4e657467656172'' is causing
problems.. Since, from what I can tell, 'Netgear' is your SSID, not
4e657.... I don't know why this might be happening, however.
If you associate manually (stop networkmanager, then: iwconfig eth0
ssid Netgear; dhclient eth0) does it work and give you an IP?

--
- Patrick Bogen