Re: Fwd: Problem changing authentication type for wireless connection

On 9/28/06, Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net> wrote:
Derek Broughton wrote:

Out of curiosity, what driver is this, anyway?

I did say it was the in-kernel (ubuntu) ipw2200 (I know many people
are getting the driver off sourceforge, but I haven't a clue if
there's a good reason to do that - when I've asked people who use it,
they keep telling me they need it to get functionality that I already
seemed to have).

You can also use wpa_cli to while it's trying to associate to see any
wpa_supplicant messages that are not properly erroring out NetworkManager.

The problem with that would be that the flood of messages already
doesn't make much sense.  More isn't necessarily better.
--
derek