Re: Dell 1390 network manager

On 9/24/06, colin williams <psientist gmail com> wrote:
Thanks Darren. I have tried the broadcom driver before and not had any luck
with it. Maybe the ubuntu maintainer will includethe newer version of
Wireless Extensions in edgy when its release time. I'll have to determine if
I can use WPA without network manager first.

Colin,

There is a bug filed against NetworkManager that is the same issue
that you are having.
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/55448

Can you register and confirm the bug?  I posted an explanation there as well.

Assuming my daughter goes to bed on time tonight I can probably slap
together some quick instructions for you on rebuilding the ubuntu
package yourself and backing out the problem patch.

Thanks,
Darren