Re: Dell 1390 network manager

colin williams said the following on 09/24/2006 11:37 PM:
Thanks Darren. I have tried the broadcom driver before and not had any luck with it. Maybe the ubuntu maintainer will includethe newer version of Wireless Extensions in edgy when its release time. I'll have to determine if I can use WPA without network manager first.
FWIW, I have been able to get a Dell 13xx/14xx series wireless adapter (BCM4309, Broadcom Corporation BCM4309 802.11a/b/g (rev 02), in my case) to work via NDISwrapper and NetworkManager *as long as I build NM (and its plugins) from CVS*. The various BCM43xx firmware for both Dapper and Edgy, OTOH, have always rendered a kernel panic whilst activating the card.

-Adam