Re: One more clue

David Abrahams <dave boost-consulting com> writes:

>>> Done (see attached)
>>
>> Can you add scan_ssid=1 to the peleton network config block
>> in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf and re-run the test tool and send the test
>> tool logs in a reply (sanitizing them of course)?  That appears to be
>> the only difference in what NM is sending and what the test tool is
>> sending and I'd like to make sure that's not causing the problem.
>
> OK, so doing.

Note: I did this test under slightly different conditions than the
earlier one: I'm running a 2.6.18-rc6 kernel with ipw3945-1.1.0 and
ieee80211-1.1.4.

Very odd results.  On odd numbered runs the test reports that it can't
reach the supplicant.  On even numbered runs it appears to connect and
disconnect repeatedly in an endless loop.

Coming back from this test again required power cycling wireless with
the hardware switch while NM was starting up.

Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting
www.boost-consulting.com