Re: One more clue

On 9/6/06, David Abrahams <dave boost-consulting com> wrote:

I have heard from at least two other people that they're following
this thread with interest because they're having the same experience
as I am.  Who knows how many have seen it but haven't bothered to pipe
up, or had the problem and just gave up on NM?

Please ask them to join this thread, more data points are always good.

> This happens on every encrypted access point you try to connect to?

I haven't really had too many options to try.  I have three
router/access point boxes in the house but I can't get one (a LinkSys)
to reset to its factory state and I don't seem to have the password
anymore.  And it's old enough to only support WEP.  The other two are
both the same Belkin model, and one was set up as a pure access point
on the same channel and SSID as the router, but is currently
disconnected (no change w.r.t. reliability of NM).

That is interesting since I have seen wierdness with various access
points.  The Belkin is configured for WPA-PSK using TKIP with the SSID
being broadcast?