Re: Scripts to authenticate with Wifi "hotspots"

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 18:27 -0400, Matt Good wrote:
> I use AT&T wifi from Barnes & Nobel, and the free wifi at Panera Bread.
> Both require authenticating yourself via a web browser by redirecting
> your initial request to their own site where you submit a form to sign
> on.
>
> Is there a way to have a script that runs when connecting to a specific
> network?
>
> Has anyone written a script to automatically sign on to a wifi service
> like this that I could customize for the services I use?

If you run NetworkManagerDispatcher, that will run arbitrary scripts
when you get a connection.  You can then use dbus-send to query
NetworkManager about the connection details (ie, what the SSID is and
whether the device is a wireless device) and then do what you'd like to.