Re: Question about NM icon]

On 10/12/06, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
Did that, it and nm_applet got into an argument of some kind and I had
to plug the dlink back in, killed nm_applet, and restart the network.
So now ifconfig says I have 2 paths!

But, I'm actually using eth0 it seems once I started knetworkmanager.
Starting knetworkmanager reverts the wlan0 status to offline, and will
not reconnect wlan0.  I have to plug in the dlink again, AND restart the
network to restore connectivity once that condition has been achieved.

So, quit that and restart nm_applet. Repeat till a pattern is seen, and
the pattern is this:  To be able to change, using either utility, to the
wlan0 interface, requires I unplug the cat5 from the side of the lappy,
thereby disabling eth0 while it was active.

Is this making any sense at all?

Yes, you should not be running nm-applet and Knetworkmanager at the
same time.  You need to switch to knetworkmanager only.