Re: NetworkManager doesn't see ipw2200 card

Yeah, I think this was the problem. I commented out the
stuff relating to eth1 in /etc/network/interfaces and it's
working now.

There's only one problem. How do I tell it to stop trying to
bring up my wired network? Right now it's bringing up that
/and/ wireless. It's also showing the wired network for the
icon. I'd rather have it just show the wireless icon and not
even mess with the wired network.

I was expecting there to be some sort of options panel at
least -- similar to GNOME's network management stuff, but
there's not. I like the whole "it just works" attitude, but
sometimes I think there needs to be a way to configure
things; e.g. make it so my wired network doesn't try to
autoconfigure itself via DHCP when it's actually just
connected to my desktop using a cross-over cable and needs
to me manually configured.

-Adam