Re: NetworkManager doesn't see ipw2200 card

Adam Guthrie schrieb:
> Yeah, I think this was the problem. I commented out the
> stuff relating to eth1 in /etc/network/interfaces and it's
> working now.
>
> There's only one problem. How do I tell it to stop trying to
> bring up my wired network? Right now it's bringing up that
> /and/ wireless. It's also showing the wired network for the
> icon. I'd rather have it just show the wireless icon and not
> even mess with the wired network.
>
> I was expecting there to be some sort of options panel at
> least -- similar to GNOME's network management stuff, but
> there's not. I like the whole "it just works" attitude, but
> sometimes I think there needs to be a way to configure
> things; e.g. make it so my wired network doesn't try to
> autoconfigure itself via DHCP when it's actually just
> connected to my desktop using a cross-over cable and needs
> to me manually configured.

Well, that's exactly the idea, why NM for Debian does not touch
interfaces if they are configured in /etc/network/interaces. This way
you can setup a custom/static configuration for a interface without NM
overriding this setting.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?