Re: A reconsideration of the list reply configuration.

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 15:40 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> When I am wrong I an wrong. I have been thinking about it. Despite what
> red hat lists do I think that return to message sender is the best
> configuration of this list.
>
> With appropriate e-mail clients we can then:
> 1. reply to the poster of the message. [reply]
> 2. reply to the list alone {reply to list]
> 3. reply to both [reply all]
>
> The only bad thing is that some mail clients [mutt for example] do not
> have these three options but you can fake it if your clever.

Personally I tend to prefer the 'reply to list, unless the poster
specifically sets the reply-to' option, because most people sending a
msg to a list expect the reply to be sent to the list; but I don't
really see it as a big deal either way.

The only frustrating part is remembering which list is which before
hitting the reply, but with reply to list supported in evo, I guess I
just need to get in the habit of hitting Ctrl-L. :-/