Re: A comment on NetworkManager

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 11:57 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Garry Williams wrote:
> > On 5/12/06, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
> >> What is this "nm_applet" people are talking about?  I don't believe its
> >> installed on this FC5 system.
> >
> > $ rpm -q --file /usr/bin/nm-applet
> > NetworkManager-gnome-0.6.0-3
> >
> Ok, I have this:
> [root diablo ~]# rpm -q --file /usr/bin/nm-applet
> NetworkManager-gnome-0.6.2-2.fc5
>
> Now, pray tell, how is it we use this?

If you use GNOME, it's autolaunched when you log in.  You should never
need to run it.  We made the decision to autolaunch only for GNOME
because we figured that KDE users would likely not want the applet
running all the time, as they would use knetworkmanager for that.

But make sure you run it as "/usr/bin/nm-applet --sm-disable" to disable
the session management.  The autolaunch stuff does this by default.