Re: NM fc5 prism wpa_supp setup?

Hi Morgan,

I can maybe help you with a couple of your points (I don't have your card, but am using NM under FC5)..

> _Issues_
> - When I attempt to authenticate with the uoa wireless network through
> NM all I'm offered the wep options (as per my home wep network)

This list is populated using the capabilities reported by your driver. Is the hostap driver any better in this respect?

> - I read somewhere that using wpa_supplicant with NM, wpa_supp is not
> meant to be started by init?
> - I found /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant, which seems to list only
> configuration for hostap driver (wlan0) or ndiswrapper?
> -- Is this the config for wpa_supp working with NM?  If so, can it be
> configured for use with other drivers, i.e. orinoco?

NM doesn't use the static configuration file, but will start a new instance of wpa_supplicant and pass it the correct parameters - so wpa_supplicant shouldn't be running already. I believe the standard package configures wpa_supp to use wext in all cases (but might be wrong - there have been some patches around to override this).

NM 0.6.2 is in the FC5 updates-testing repository, and might be worth a try. However, you'll still be stuck at the first point above without the driver telling NM that the card is capable of WPA...

Regards,
Jon.