NM fc5 prism wpa_supp setup?

Hello

Is there a recommended NetworkManager setup is for prism II cards with a
wpa setup (the gnome archive search doesn't reveal anything)?

_Setup_
- Card: Allied Telesyn (see below for ident)
- Network: University of Auckland (uoa), wpa_supplicant (config as below).
- uname -r: 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
- rpm -q NetworkManager: NetworkManager-0.6.0-3

_Issues_
- When I attempt to authenticate with the uoa wireless network through
NM all I'm offered the wep options (as per my home wep network)
- I initially had some problems setting up the card for my home wep
network due to conflicts between orinoco and hostap drivers
-- Now it seems to have settled down, and I can use either by
blacklisting hostap drivers in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist or not
-- I prefer to use the orinoco driver because it seems to give a better link
-- Is there a more elegant remedy to this conflict, which is recommended?
- Does wpa_supplicant work with orinoco?
-- It's not a listed driver for wpa_supp and using the wext extensions
with it gave me a hole lot of errors
- I read somewhere that using wpa_supplicant with NM, wpa_supp is not
meant to be started by init?
- I found /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant, which seems to list only
configuration for hostap driver (wlan0) or ndiswrapper?
-- Is this the config for wpa_supp working with NM?  If so, can it be
configured for use with other drivers, i.e. orinoco?
- I've got the connection working to the UoA network via the config
below by not blacklisting either orinoco or hostap, running wpa_supp
from the command line <wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf>
and then running <dhclient wlan0>
-- Like this, NM shows no connection but it still offers uoa as a
wireless connection

_More info_
[root morgansmachine ~]# pccardctl ident
Socket 0:
  product info: "Allied Telesyn", "AT-WCL452 Wireless PCMCIA Radio",
"Ver. 1.00", ""
  manfid: 0xc00f, 0x0000
  function: 6 (network)
[root morgansmachine ~]#

[root morgansmachine ~]# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"uoa"  Nickname:"Prism  I"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: 00:11:92:DA:CF:40
          Bit Rate:11 Mb/s   Sensitivity:1/3
          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=70/92  Signal level=-23 dBm  Noise level=-143 dBm

sit0      no wireless extensions.

[root morgansmachine ~]#

[root morgansmachine ~]# more etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel

network={
        ssid="any"