NM does not recognize when devices are added/removed during runtime

Hi all,

as I got reports that NM does not recognize when a (wireless PCMCIA)
network card is pluggged in, I tried the following (I have a Realteak
RTL-8139 (8139cp) and a Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 (ipw2100)).
- rmmod both drivers.
- started NM, no device is detected
- modprobe 8139cp, lshal -m net reports that the device is added
- modprobe ipw2100, lshal -m net reports that the device is added
For both cases NM does not detect that a device was added.
If I restart NM both devices are correctly detected and used.

The same holds the other way. If I remove the devices (rmmod
8139cp/ipw2100), hal detects the removal but not NM.

Isn't this a bug in NM?

Cheers,
Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?