Issues in connecting to modem connection via Network manager

Hi All,

I am having a rather strange problem when connecting to my modem connection (called Reliance) via the Network manager icon in the dock-tray.

Everytime i try to connect, i get the following messages in my /var/log/messages file:

May  4 11:46:20 hramesh-lap NetworkManager: <information>       Activating dialup device Reliance via Modem (Reliance) ...
May  4 11:46:20 hramesh-lap ifup-ppp: pppd does not exist or is not executable for ppp0
May  4 11:46:20 hramesh-lap NetworkManager: <WARNING>    nm_system_activate_dialup (): Couldn't activate dialup device Reliance via Modem (Reliance) - 256
I am able to start the connection manually by issuing '/sbin/ifup Reliance'. Even after I have connected to the net manually, network manager does not recognize the connection. Is this a known issue?

I am running FC 5 + NetworkManager 0.6.0 on a Dell laptop. The modem in question is an external phone-modem (Nokia 3250) connected via a CA-42 cable. Another thing, the Nokia phone is not recognized as a modem by the OS, but after a little bit of tweaking in the wvdial.conf file, the phone can be used as a modem for data connections.

Any help on this front would be appreciated.

thanks,
Rogue