What exactly are the aims of NM?

I wonder if the aims and hopes of the NM developers
are documented anywhere?

Is it hoped that it will work with all wireless devices
for which there is a Linux driver (including ndiswrapper)?

Or will it only work for cards, etc, with certain properties -
eg ability to go into Monitor mode -
which are not actually necessary in order to run under Linux?

I have an Orinoco classic Gold PCMCIA card
(in fact several of them,
including ones in USB and PCI adapters),
and I have never been able to get NM to work with them.

Also is it intended that NM should work with KDE?

I installed FC-5 with KDE,
started NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher,
and as far as I could see nothing at all happened.

I should say that I am quite happy to wait,
if it is intended that NM will work with my setup sooner or later.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366