Re: iwconfig support of network manager

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 11:04 +0800, Shu Hung (Koala) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a little question for developers.
>
> Currently, Network Manager only support limited hardware for limited
> drivers.
> Is there a plan for Network Manager to integrate with iwconfig
> utilities so
> it can support all wireless devices work with iwconfig?

NetworkManager uses the same WEXT calls that iwconfig does internally.
So they really end up using the same base.  The problems start when
_drivers_, in your case the zd1211 driver, don't support enough of WEXT
to be useful...  Is zd1211 being actively developed?  Can you attach
some logs of what goes wrong?