Re: Association timeout with madwifi

Hi,

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Dan Williams wrote:

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 12:05 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Simon Geard wrote:

No, it does not parse that configuration file.  The configuration
information is entered into the dialogs that the nm-applet presents when
you first try to connect to an access point.

I never got any dialogs from NM for anything, including the wired network.

If nm does not parse /etc/sysconfig/wpa_suplicant, where am I supposed to
put the -Dwext?

Use of the 'wext' wpa_supplicant driver is hardcoded into
NetworkManager.  It may be that your distribution has added a check for
the 'madwifi' drivers, and patched NM to use -Dmadwifi instead since
madwifi-ng has only worked with the 'wext' driver for a few months.  If
that's the case, you'll need to take that patch out of the NM sources
and rebuild NM.  All wireless drivers should be supporting Linux
Wireless Extensions (WEXT), and if they don't, they should be fixed
upstream to do so.

Am I correct in assuming NetworkManager-gnome-0.6.3-1.fc5 for Fc5 is patched?

I see that the rawhide version has this note in the changelog:

Drop special-case-madwifi.patch, since WEXT code is in madwifi-ng trunk now.

If I wanted to install the NM package from rawhide do I need to upgrade
any other packages in addition to NM?? Is it necessary to rebuild the rawhide
NM to install it on a laptop running FC5?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Tom