Re: WPA2 support and static IP address

Hello,

Dan Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 14:06 +0200, Patrick Rau wrote:
Hello,

before I'm going to install Network Manager, I'd like to if wpa2(AES)-encrypted wlans are supported

Yes; but this is highly driver-specific as each driver has to implement
correct WPA2/ieee802.1x support.  The best drivers for WPA right now are
the Intel Pro/Wireless ones.

If you're not using the IPW drivers, you may wish to verify that your
card works with wpa_supplicant
(http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/ ).  When in doubt, give NM a
try and see if it works.  It should.

Now I've installed NM in ubuntu 6.06 and I'm not able to connect to my wpa2-encrypted network. I have reports that my card works with wpa_supplicant. I'm using the windows driver of my card with ndiswrapper.
Any idea what to do ?

Patrick