Re: Early timeouts connecting to unencrypted network with ndiswrapper on FC5

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:53 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> If drivers were better, and we could trust their strength information
> (which we can't), we'd likely even remove APs from the scan list if
> their strength was < 15% or something like that.  Anything below that
> and you're pretty much screwed.

We are almost to the point, though, where we can trust strength values,
no?

I think Orinoco does strength with the latest driver, no?

And madwifi has bogus strength, but I have a patch to fix that (special
cases the driver, though).

Would be nice to remove, as you say, low scoring AP's.

	Robert Love