Re: Use interfaces not connected at boottime

Thomas Hecker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an extern USB network adapter that's not connected at boottime
> so I connect it on demand only.
> That's why networkmanager doesn't know the interface. How can I change
> this behaviour to use networkmanager to configure my interface?

You probably encountered the same bug as in [1]. NM does not seem to
properly detect hotplugged devices. I'm not sure if its a bug in NM or
rather hal resp. the driver which does not generate the correct hotplug
event. I already discussed that briefly with Dan but we didn't find the
real culprit yet.
As a workaround you can restart NM (depending on your disto
/etc/init.d/NetworkManager restart or
/etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager restart) after attaching your usb
adapter.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?