Re: Wireless found as wired !

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 23:53 +0300, Trochalakis Christos wrote:
Hello there,

I have the following problem with the nm-applet.
Some time ago i disabled the option "Enable Wireless", from that
moment i wasn't able to reenable it and networkmanager started to act
weird, it recognizes my wifi adapter as a wired adapter:

NetworkManager: <information>   starting...
NetworkManager: <information>   eth1: Device is fully-supported using
driver 'bcm43xx'.
NetworkManager: <information>   nm_device_init(): waiting for device's
worker thread to start
NetworkManager: <information>   nm_device_init(): device's worker
thread started, continuing.
NetworkManager: <information>   Now managing wired Ethernet (802.3)
device 'eth1'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device

is there anything i can do to get it back working?

thanks in advance,
Chris

ps: I m using fedora core 5 ppc and NetworkManager version 0.6.2

    I had the same problem what I did was uninstall NM and reinstall. There is a new update on NM 0.6.3.  YOu cand try the upgrade It has alot of bug fix's.
...........   http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager/0.6/
Hope this can help
    Bubba