NM Not Seeing Available Networks

Hello.

I've been running 0.6.x while using Dapper.  I have since upgraded to
Dapper stable with NM 0.6.3.

The problem I'm having is that for some reason, NetworkManager isn't
scanning for the available networks when first launched.  I have to
manually do a 'iwlist eth1 scan' several times until finally I get
prompted for my keychain password to connect to our WPA2 network.

>From where I'm at, there are 8 different networks that iwlist finds, but
nm-applet initially only shows only one network and doesn't try to
connect to it.  After I finish my scanning, nm-applet then properly
shows all the available networks.

My wireless card is an Intel and I'm using the ipw2200 driver.  I have a
co-worker who is also running Dapper but with the NetworkManager 0.6.2
deb's, also with the ipw2200 driver, and is having the same problem.

I'm not sure if this is a NM issue, or a driver issue, but I figure I
would start here since it would be easier for me to debug ;)

Any ideas where I can start debugging the issue?  This only happens upon
a fresh boot, so I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about this.

Thanks for any advice.

-Mike