Re: ipw3945

Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 08:35 +0200, Krzysztof Kaczmarski wrote:
Thanks, for reply.
Finally I got it working... somehow.
I use ubuntu dapper and now ipw3945 is well supported in the new kernel.
NM finds it and connects correctly to the net using wpa.

However I have another problem.
Yesterday I tried to switch to wired network and it didn't work.
It looks like NM cannot see wired card. In my ubuntu I use it with r1000
driver and it was working fine, only NM cannot use it for some reason.

http://live.gnome.org/DarrenAlbers/NetworkManagerFAQ#head-45c7dcb29a13372e1da1221b5ed499d981ea7ec6

Is that card enabled in /etc/network/interfaces?  If so, comment it out.
This is my /etc/network/interfaces -- it is commented out as eth0:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
#iface eth1 inet dhcp