Re: ipw3945

Thanks, for reply.
Finally I got it working... somehow.
I use ubuntu dapper and now ipw3945 is well supported in the new kernel.
NM finds it and connects correctly to the net using wpa.

However I have another problem.
Yesterday I tried to switch to wired network and it didn't work.
It looks like NM cannot see wired card. In my ubuntu I use it with r1000
driver and it was working fine, only NM cannot use it for some reason.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
KK

Mattias Stahre wrote:
Hi Krzysztof

Is the ipw3945 even supported in linux?
What you could try with is to use ndiswrapper,
and use the windowsdriver to it. I'm using a couple of
cards thatway in nm without worries. :)

Greetz
Mattias

Quoting Krzysztof Kaczmarski <krzysztof_kaczmarski o2 pl>:

Hi,
my laptop has got Intel's ipw3945 wireless card... I cannot get it
working  with Network Manager what I miss a lot.
I know that it is not listed in the supported hardware page.
Is there any chance that it will get working in some time?

Thanks for any info.
KK