Re: Link timed out: no wireless connection on FC5

Hi,

I tried to use the wlassistant () to check if the system is working at all,
and it is not able to connect also:

Listening on LPF/eth1/00:0e:35:68:17:93
Sending on   LPF/eth1/00:0e:35:68:17:93
Sending on   Socket/fallback
ifup: /sbin/ifconfig eth1 up
iwconfig_set: /sbin/iwconfig eth1 mode managed channel 11 key off essid
ConnectionPoint
iwconfig_ap: /sbin/iwconfig eth1 ap 00:01:E3:41:54:D9
ifconfig_dhcp: /sbin/dhclient -q eth1
kill_dhcp: /sbin/dhclient -r eth1
==>stderr: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.4-RedHat
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/

Listening on LPF/eth1/00:0e:35:68:17:93
Sending on   LPF/eth1/00:0e:35:68:17:93
Sending on   Socket/fallback
CONNECTION FAILED.

Is there any self check or easy way to check if the base system (hardware,
operating system itself) is able to make such conections?
At the moment I'm afraid that somehow my base system (Fedora Core 5) or my
hardware is screwed up... :/

Roland
--
Wir stecken immmer in der Scheisse.....