Re: [patch] don't restart applet.

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 13:01 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 12:44 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 12:38 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> >
> > > So with this patch, what happens when the applet dies for some reason
> > > (admittedly shouldn't happen)?  Does it just fail to restart, and you
> > > must log out and back in again?
> >
> > If it dies, it is dead.  The user can of course restart it.
>
> Except that it's not in the menus, and it's unclear how to start it
> outside of logging out and back in again without touching the terminal.

Well, if it dies the user will see bugbuddy or the absence of the NM
icon... to get a working system he will probably need to see
logout/login or reboot. Or start it from the terminal or Alt+F2..

Btw, you're screwed too if dbus, hal or nm crashes. Short answer is
really that we obviously need to make sure it doesn't crash for most
users... so I don't think we need to restart it.. plus having it restart
automatically may be counterproductive to the goal of having a stable
non-crashing applet :-)

    David