Re: [patch] don't restart applet.

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 12:44 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 12:38 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > So with this patch, what happens when the applet dies for some reason
> > (admittedly shouldn't happen)?  Does it just fail to restart, and you
> > must log out and back in again?
>
> If it dies, it is dead.  The user can of course restart it.

Except that it's not in the menus, and it's unclear how to start it
outside of logging out and back in again without touching the terminal.

> The second reason is that autostarting apps (via the new autostart
> system in GNOME) and session managing applications via the old-style
> restart stuff do not get along well.  Mostly, you see more of the above.
>
> If one uses the autostart stuff, they really need to apply this patch.
> And I think the autostart stuff is the way to go.

Does the autostart stuff just run the executable on login when
gnome-session starts?  How is that different from
gnome-session-properties "Startup Programs" tab?