Re: NM tidbits

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 19:11 -0400, Ian Campbell wrote:

> Is there a chance of getting the option to selectively disable
> interfaces? ie I have two wireless cards and only want one of them used,
> for some reason I want to disable my wired card, but not wireless,
> whatever.
>
> .. or was that a design decision? It seems like something that should
> be there.

I added this functionality to NM but the trigger-points are in the
distribution-specific code.

On SUSE, you set NM_CONTROLLED=no in the network interface's config file
and NM will not handle it.  Personally, I don't know why you would ever
want NM to not handle an interface ;-) but people asked.

It would be trivial to add the functionality to any other distribution,
too.

	Robert Love