Re: password keyring for vpn - kde

On Friday 06 January 2006 11:01 am, Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Friday 06 January 2006 16:53, Robert Love wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 09:51 -0600, Terry wrote:
> > > Is there a service that needs to run for this to work?  Under KDE, I
> > > get a prompt to save the passwords but get this error:
> >
> > gnome-keyring.
>
> Robert, can you explain how to start gnome-keyring-daemon outside of a
> gnome session such that gnome apps can access it?  As I understand the
> gnome-session binary, it starts gnome-keyring-daemon and then exports the
> GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET and GNOME_KEYRING_PID that gkd outputs, then apps read
> these to find out where to talk to the daemon.  I tried doing this by hand
> but it didn't work.
>
> Terry: we're working on a native KDE applet, watch this space.

In .kde/env:

#!/bin/sh
#

# gnome keyring daemon
# set env vars, much like ssh-agent
eval `gnome-keyring-daemon`
export GNOME_KEYRING_PID GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET
set | grep GNOME

# start-custom.sh

In .kde/shutdown:

#!/bin/sh
#

# kill any gnome keyring daemons that we were using
if [ -n "$GNOME_KEYRING_PID" ]; then
   echo killing gnome-keyring-damon $GNOME_KEYRING_PID
   kill $GNOME_KEYRING_PID
fi