Re: password keyring for vpn - kde

On Friday 06 January 2006 16:53, Robert Love wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 09:51 -0600, Terry wrote:
> > Is there a service that needs to run for this to work?  Under KDE, I
> > get a prompt to save the passwords but get this error:
>
> gnome-keyring.

Robert, can you explain how to start gnome-keyring-daemon outside of a gnome
session such that gnome apps can access it?  As I understand the
gnome-session binary, it starts gnome-keyring-daemon and then exports the
GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET and GNOME_KEYRING_PID that gkd outputs, then apps read
these to find out where to talk to the daemon.  I tried doing this by hand
but it didn't work.

Terry: we're working on a native KDE applet, watch this space.

Will