Re: password keyring for vpn - kde

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 17:01 +0100, Will Stephenson wrote:

> Robert, can you explain how to start gnome-keyring-daemon outside of a gnome
> session such that gnome apps can access it?  As I understand the
> gnome-session binary, it starts gnome-keyring-daemon and then exports the
> GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET and GNOME_KEYRING_PID that gkd outputs, then apps read
> these to find out where to talk to the daemon.  I tried doing this by hand
> but it didn't work.

The above should work, but you need to do it in a parent process of all
other applications so that they inherit the environment variables.
E.g., KDE's equivalent of gnome-session.

Running gnome-keyring-daemon by hand and manually creating the
environment variables should also work.

libgnome-keyring should run the daemon if needed -- would be a nice
feature.

	Robert Love