Re: no carrier detection after resume from swsusp (8139too)
- From: Robert Love <rml novell com>
- To: Nikolaus Filus <nfilus gmx net>
- Cc: netdev vger kernel org, networkmanager-list gnome org, Francois Romieu <romieu fr zoreil com>
- Subject: Re: no carrier detection after resume from swsusp (8139too)
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:19:59 -0500
On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 16:12 +0100, Nikolaus Filus wrote:
> I didn't look enough on this issue before.
> After resume, I get "invalid argument" from
> /sys/class/net/eth1/carrier. Reloading the driver *OR* restarting
> networkmanager solves the problem! Is it possible a process like nm blocks
> some ressources, which are re-initialised by reloading the driver or
> restarting nm? Notice, that just stopping nm is not enough.
> Thanks in advance,
e100 or e1000?
`carrier' returns EINVAL if the device is not UP. It might be a bug in
NM if the device is not UP after a resume. What does `ifconfig eth1`
show before and after a resume?
] [Thread Prev