Re: no carrier detection after resume from swsusp (8139too)

Hi,

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 16:19, Robert Love wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 16:12 +0100, Nikolaus Filus wrote:
> > I didn't look enough on this issue before.
> >
> > After resume, I get "invalid argument" from
> > /sys/class/net/eth1/carrier. Reloading the driver *OR* restarting
> > networkmanager solves the problem! Is it possible a process like nm
> > blocks some ressources, which are re-initialised by reloading the
> > driver or restarting nm? Notice, that just stopping nm is not enough.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> e100 or e1000?

as subject says: 8139too :)

> `carrier' returns EINVAL if the device is not UP.  It might be a bug in
> NM if the device is not UP after a resume.  What does `ifconfig eth1`
> show before and after a resume?

That's it! No real problem or bug in driver or kernel.
An ifconfig eth1 after resume is enough to recognise the plug-in of
netwwork cable.

BTW: I added an ifconfig up into my resume script, but shouldn't it be
done by Networkmanager?

Thanks for all the investigation help.

Nikolaus