Re: DBUS query question

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 11:12 -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> Hello,
>   I'm looking at writing a script for the dispatcher to handle.  I need
> to get from NetworkManager what the current active interface is.  How
> can I query DBUS to get the active interface?  Is that the correct way

Grab the device list from NM and look for which device is marked
"active".

> to do it?  I guess an other question is where can I find docs on the
> api?

Hmm, not really.  This is an area where I've totally fallen down.
Ideally there would be a way to do API documentation with doxygen, but
given that it's not a "traditional" API, that's kind of hard.  The best
answer is "look at the NM code", which isn't a good answer at all :(  We
need to do better on this.

I'd suggest looking at the bottoms of src/nm-dbus-device.c,
src/nm-dbus-net.c, and src/nm-dbus-nm.c for the functions NM supports.
I'd be glad to help if you have more questions.