Re: DBUS query question

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 13:56 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 11:12 -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   I'm looking at writing a script for the dispatcher to handle.  I need
> > to get from NetworkManager what the current active interface is.  How
> > can I query DBUS to get the active interface?  Is that the correct way
>
> Grab the device list from NM and look for which device is marked
> "active".

Ok.  Thanks.
I was looking at the scripts for the dispatcher.  Looks like the
interface and its status are passed to the scripts.
What am am doing is what I am sure many have already done, but I've
hacked the firestarter.sh script to restart firestarter with the correct
interface when the interface has changed.  A dispatcher script seems to
work for this.
I probably am doing this the hard way, but it works.
--
Brian Millett - [ Kosh and Sheridan, "Hunter, Prey"]
"I will teach you."