Everything works, except dhclient

Hi!

I finally got NM to the point where clicking on the "Wired Network"
causes dhclient to run. Unfortunately, dhclient fails to grab an IP, yet
running dhclient on the same interface manually grabs an IP almost
immediately.

Also, once I run dhclient manually on my interface and click on
"Connection Information", the information displayed therein does not
reflect the actual network configuration.

Here's the dhclient command line executed by (I presume) dhcdbd:

/sbin/dhclient -1 -lf /var/lib/dhclient/dhclient-eth1.leases
-pf /var/run/dhclient-eth1.pid -q -e dhc_dbus=31 -x -d eth1

I ran man dhclient and, apparently, it doesn't even have a "-e"
switch ...

How can I get dhclient to work with NM ?

Thanks for all your help !