Re: Configuring a static ip

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 09:03 +0100, Aur�en Naldi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the bad reply, I am not subscribed to the list...
>
> I would like to know if the support for the "old" config files
> includes allowing several interfaces to be up at the same time (for
> connection sharing and so on).

No, it does not.  The initial design target for NetworkManager was a
mobile laptop user and this did not include any form of connection
sharing/bridging.

ICS is quite interesting though, and it's not that easy to set up on
Linux.  So it's an area where NetworkManager could help out a lot.  And
we are planning to add support for multiple active interfaces in the
near future.  But it likely won't do what you want it to right now.