From: Dan Williams [mailto:dcbw redhat com]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:06 PM
To: Jason Greb
Cc: NetworkManager-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Finding existing PPP connection?

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 11:03 -0500, Jason C. Greb wrote:
> What about looking to see if ppp0 is an active connection? I have a
> program called conky that I run on the desktop, and it polls ppp0.
> When it gets an IP address, it displays it along with transfer
> statistics. I have the same problem as Matej, because I can't make VPN

> connections because NM doesn't know it's connected.

Yeah, I know that's a problem.  But I'd like to do this the "right" way,
even if it takes a few more weeks or such.  Which means doing the hard
integration work and making it "Just Work" rather than trying to
shoehorn in stuff to accommodate the 10 different ways Linux distros
currently do PPP stuff.

Quick question though; for those of you doing PPP over GPRS/EDGE or EVDO
cards, can you use wvdial?  What does your connection process look like
and how did you set up the card/connection?

Dan