Re: Failing Connection with CVS

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 14:00 +0100, Tobias wrote:
> Salve everybody,
>
> I have been building from CVS regularly in the past and have always
> been happy with NM, but it stopped working after the recent changes to
> dealing with wpa_supplicant.
> I am not sure whether the correlation explains it because I am seeing
> strange errors in the output of NM. Also connecting with

Right; not all the bits are there in HEAD to do connections with
wpa_supplicant.  HEAD won't work out of the box right now; that's being
worked on.

> sudo ./nm-supplicant-test eth1 /etc/wpa_supplicant/gstrasze.conf
>
> and getting an IP manually afterwards works okay.
>
> I'm on Ubuntu Edgy, dhcdbd is running, I started wpa_supplicant with
> "-u" and in general haven't changed anything (I hope) between builds
> of NM.
>
> I see those errors:
>
> NetworkManager: <WARN>  scan_request_cb(): could not get scan request
> result: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - Argument 0 is
> specified to be of type "uint32", but is actually of type "invalid"
>
> ioctl[SIOCSIWFREQ]: Operation not supported

You'll need latest wpa_supplicant from CVS, Jouni just applied the patch
I sent to wpa_supplicant for this problem to both the 0.5.x and 0.6.x
branches.

Dan