really frustrating problem with NetworkManager CVS on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Title: really frustrating problem with NetworkManager CVS on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Hi, I am really sorry to bother you all, but I am having a quite annoying problem and cannot seem to solve
this problem on my own. I have been working on it for a couple of days. I download and compile NetworkManager
from CVS using the commands below straight from the NetworkManager website:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co NetworkManager
cd NetworkManager
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
make
sudo make install

I do:

sudo /etc/init.d/NetworkManager start

start nm-applet, and everything works great. Voila. First time it works either at home (WEP) or at school
(LEAP). Great. Unfortunately, after a reboot, it no longer works, and NetworkManager seems to get stuck
on this error message:

Aug 15 18:30:06 localhost NetworkManager: <information>^IError opening supplicant global control interface.
Aug 15 18:30:06 localhost NetworkManager: <WARNING>^I real_act_stage2_config (): Activation (eth1/wireless): couldn't connect to the supplicant.

and no longer works for WEP or LEAP or even open networks. Very strange. Recompile, make install, everything works again. I'm a little confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Misha

p.s. I really would like to use the CVS version because of its LEAP support, although the one included
with Dapper Drake NetworkManager 0.62 works just great from debs (just no LEAP support).

p.p.s. I am attaching the relevant (I hope) parts of my syslog from the time when I start networkmanager and it works (syslog.nm.success) and then same network after a reboot, no longer works (syslog.nm.failure).
Thanks a lot.