Crash under certain conditions in nm-applet 0.6.4

  Hello,

  I probably found certain conditions at which nm-applet can crash (at
least it happens with my not-a-lot modified version of nm-applet for
GPE). It may be specific only for very low computers, where things don't
happen as fast.

  All related code is in applet.c. Problem occurs when applet->nm_state
= NM_STATE_CONNECTING. First, nma_update_state which enables
animation_timeout. This gets later called, still in NM_STATE_CONNECTING
and calls this:

	pixbuf = nma_act_stage_to_pixbuf (applet, act_dev, NULL, &tip);

  Problematic is the 'NULL'. Important points in
nma_act_stage_to_pixbuf:

 - essid == NULL, because 'net' is NULL
 - network_device_get_act_stage (dev) == NM_ACT_STAGE_NEED_USER_KEY
   (I don't know why it is already set to this state)

  And, the part of code which crashes for me is:

if (network_device_is_wireless (dev))
	*tip = g_strdup_printf (_("Waiting for Network Key for the wireless
network '%s'..."), essid);

  The device is wireles, so the code below gets called with NULL essid,
which resulted (at least at me) in crash.

  I fixed this by changing:

	essid = net ? wireless_network_get_essid (net) : NULL;
	essid = net ? wireless_network_get_essid (net) : "";

but this is rather workaround than correct solution. If you need any
information, please let me know.

  Thank you,
	Milan Plzik