WPA connection/reconnection timeouts

Hi,

I sent something like this previously to the list, but it seems it never made
it there; trying again...

I'm using NetworkManager 0.6.4 (from Fedora) in a WPA network. For some
reason (probably intermittent interference), wpa_supplicant often takes a few
attempts before it succeeds at key exchange with my access point. Also, the
connection will occasionally drop out, triggering wpa_supplicant to
reassociate and rekey.

Unfortunately NM has compiled-in timeouts of 20 seconds for the initial
connection and 8s for any reconnection. These are far too low, causing most
connection attempts to fail, or if a connection succeeds it will be
terminated the first time it drops out.

I've rebuilt with limits of 40s and 30s respectively, and this works well for
me (no more failed connections or dropouts). I can see why you might be
hesitant to increase these timeouts by default, but can I suggest that they
be set in a configuration file?

Cheers,
Andrew