NetworkManager and nm-applet on PDA

  Hello,

  I managed to make NetworkManager working on PDA, just using few small
changes, because there is no hal daemon available - I'm not submitting
any patch yet because it requires a bit more systematic approach. I had
to comment out all checks for existence of org.freedesktop.Hal on DBus
and assume that Hal is always present, but this does not fit to the
concept very well. I now got idea that it could possibly be solved using
macros.

  I would like also to ask if there is some recent documentation for
NetworkManager and NetworkManagerInfo interfaces? I tried to quickly
google, but the results contained specs just for older NM versions.

  I need this because I'm trying to decide whether it is more effective
to start writing an applet for PDA from scratch, or I will need to use
the code from nm-applet. More feasible seems to be the latter one, but
so far I'm a bit scared, because it is quite complex and it would
probably involve splitting applet into dbus-handling and GUI portion.

  nm-applet also uses Hal using direct DBus calls, not libhal, so I can
not emulate it - this would involve possibly not so small rewriting of
code. As fas as I know, the only difference between current
implementation and libhal is that currently are all calls asynchronous
and by using libhal they would become synchronous - would it be possible
to change it to libhal?

  Sorry for long e-mail:)

  Best regards,
	Milan Plzik