Re: NM and broadcom stuff with ndiswrapper

On Thursday 27 April 2006 03:58, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Thursday 27 April 2006 01:21, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
>
>Seems to be down, I can't get it to resolve from here.

I finally figured out howto make dhcp actually work here.

1.  You must use the actual IP of the wap11 in the ifcfg-wlan0's
IPADDR= statement.  Otherwise the request for dhcp never gets off the
laptop and thence to the subnet for service!

2. Once thats done, the dhcpd server can apparently run on any box on
the subnet.

However, this brings up the question of how does one determine this AP
address when out in the puckerbrush connecting to some motels wifi?

Is this something that an 'iwlist scanner' can find?

This is obviously something that all the old hands know so well they
forget to ask the obvious questions of a newbie.

Can someone recommend a url, or a good book that teaches all this stuff?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: