Re: NetworkManager + FC5

Il giorno lun, 10/04/2006 alle 20.40 -0400, Darren Albers ha scritto:

> > Also my home network has static IPs. I am also using wpa-psk type of
> > authentication. Obviuosly i can't connect via wireless.
>
> Can you connect via WPA_Supplicant and bringing the interface up?  Or
> if you enable DHCP does it work?

OK, i got it working.

Basically I've:
- removed any reference to the wireless NIC in system-config-network;
- setup the DHCP server in the modem/router/AP
- relauched the networkmanager applet and got connected via WEP;
- renamed the essid and changed to WPA-PSK, the applet has recorgnized
the change, asked me the new passkey and then it got connected again.

Now, i'd really like to have in any case the "hidden ESSID" and the
static IP.

If there is a step-by-step procedure to configure the various NICs to
work with NM i'd like to read it :-)

Thanks for the good work done until now !

--
nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito
http://www.koolinus.net      http://koolinus.wordpress.com

icq:62837984  -  Yahoo:koolinus  -  callto://nicola.losito
jabber:koolinus jabber linux it - msn:koolinuz hotmail com