Re: What exactly are the aims of NM?

I'm pretty sure the updates are installed but, I won't have a chance to work on this again until Thursday as I am going out of town.  I'll do a full update on Thursday, give it another go and report back. Thanks!

Kevin

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 06:52 -0700, Kevin Updegrove wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> The
> >>
> >> --------------------------------------
> >> [tim elizabeth ~]$ sudo NetworkManager --no-daemon
> >> NetworkManager: starting...
> >> NetworkManager: eth0: Device is fully-supported
> using
> >> driver 'orinoco_cs'.
> >> NetworkManager: nm_device_init(): waiting for
> device's
> >> worker thread to start
> >> NetworkManager: nm_device_802_11_wireless_scan ():
> could
> >> not trigger wireless scan on device eth0:
> Input/output error
> >> NetworkManager: nm_device_init(): device's worker
> thread
> >> started, continuing.
> >> NetworkManager: Now managing wireless (802.11)
> device
> >> 'eth0'. NetworkManager: Deactivating device eth0.
> >> [Application hung at this point, until given ^C]
> >> NetworkManager: nm_signal_handler (): Caught signal
> 2,
> >> shutting down normally.
> >> NetworkManager: Caught terminiation signal
> >> NetworkManager: [1143810028.454111]
> nm_print_open_socks ():
> >> Open Sockets List:
> >> NetworkManager: [1143810028.454268]
> nm_print_open_socks ():
> >> Open Sockets List Done.
> >> NetworkManager: Deactivating device eth0.
> >>
> --------------------------------------
> >
> > What was the conclusion?
> > Will my card ever work with NM?
>
> I have a similar issue with an orinoco_usb card under FC5.
> Check my post on 3/30, (Vol.18 Issue 76, Msg #5). Unfortunately,
> I never got a response. It seems there is definately
> an issue with the orinoco card under FC5. Like you, my
> card works perfectly with NM turned off and, like you, I am
> using WEP not WPA. Let me know if you get it worked out
> and I will do the same. In the meantime...does anyone
> else have any ideas?

Have you tried with the latest wpa_supplicant in FC5-updates from late
March? There was an issue that could affect this. If that doesn't
help, I'll have to go debug it further. I've had some success with WEP
and orinoco recently, but that doesn't necessarily mean it works for
you :)