IPW2200 - FC4 - NetworkManager

I have an Intel Pro Wireless 2200 B/G card and am running FC4.

I have installed the firmware, driver, etc for the ipw2200 and have
installed NetworkManager 5.1.

I have it set up so that the NetworkManagerInfo applet appears on the screen
and it can see a public wifi hotspot (non-encrypted) with a good signal but
when I select it, it doesn't connect.  The icon continues to be a crossed
out wired connection.

I can get this card to work on this network if I use Network Configure and
set up a wirless device using it and activate it.  However, I can't get it
to work on my home WEP wireless network.  That is why I am trying
NetworkManager.

I've read elsewhere that the driver for the ipw2200 doesn't support the MII
standard and that may be the issue.  I don't know what this standard is and
didn't look to see the date of the post (maybe the issue is resolved)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Sent from the Gnome - NetworkManager forum at Nabble.com.